Proposal Guidelines for Authors
Please include the following in your manuscript proposal:
- Proposed title and subtitle of your work
- Table of contents, a preface and/or introduction, and some sample chapters (3-5)
- Complete contact information for yourself and any co-authors/co-editors as well as a copy of your current CV or resume. For edited collections, please provide short bios for all contributors.
- Names and contact information for potential peer reviewers
- Address the following:
- Why do you wish to publish with Newfound Press? How will the work benefit from the online, open access distribution model employed by Newfound Press?
- What is your purpose in writing this work? What are the core themes, arguments, issues, or topics of the work?
- Who is the intended audience for the work? Is there a secondary audience or market for the work?
- What unique and/or notable features does your project offer? How does your work differ from similar projects?
- If your manuscript is unfinished, what is the expected length when complete? Will there be images, tables, or other non-textual material?
Prospective authors of self-contained multimedia works should discuss projects with the Newfound Press director. Projects submitted for publication will receive peer review that considers content, design, visual appeal, and navigability, elements that enable the work to convey a message. See a sample multimedia peer review form at www.newfoundpress.utk.edu/forms/multimedia_review.doc